Support For Christi Thomas

This blog is to help offer support to the Thomas Family and their daughter, Christi, in her battle against cancer. Please visit Christi's website at www.ChristiThomas.com to learn more. There, you'll find journals, photos and a lots of other information about this amazing child and her family.

A Note About Comments: When you post a Comment, please note that it will appear online after it is approved.

Sunday, February 26, 2006

Long Day Ahead

"A FINAL CUDDLE WITH DADDY"

In a matter of hours we shall depart for the airport. (This will be our fifth flight to Philadelphia in nine weeks – but hey, who’s counting?! Hee hee) We will change planes in Chicago and arrive in Philly late this afternoon. Thankfully, Christi continues to feel well, but I will still be pushing her in her big blue jogging stroller.

Shayla and Christi’s “big” friends (and Shayne and my “little sisters” hee hee) are driving in from Columbus tonight. Not only will Christi have the best “big” playmates around (her loving fans from Columbus COSI) but I’ll also have their help (and their car). We are incredibly grateful for their love and assistance all this week! I’ll call as soon as the Ronald House opens and hopefully the four of us will have a room there this week.

10 Comments:

At 26/2/06 8:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

All the very best to you all. Praying hard that the chemo isn't too harsh and Christie can make it home for her birthday.XXX

 
At 26/2/06 9:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Christi it's so good to see you smile again. Hope and pray you keep feeling better. And I know having your ' big ' friends with you this week will definitely be a morale booster. They're two of the very best. { But I'm a wee bit prejudiced since I'm so lucky know them both }.

I'm sure Buttercup and Buckeye will become good friends. Being in such a loving family, they have no choice.

You take care little one. My thoughts, best wishes and prayers, and those of so many others, will alwyas be with you and your family.

Greg ( another one of your COSI fans )

 
At 26/2/06 11:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love all of the beautiful pictures you have been sharing...I especially love the big smile in the ceramics store:) I'm glad that Christi got to spend some time with her friends before heading back to Philly and it sounds like you both have some great friends joining you there too. I bet it is a comfort to be surrounded by such love and friendship.

My thoughts and prayers are with you as always. Take care and may God bless each of you as you take this next step in your journey.

 
At 26/2/06 1:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, she looks so much like her Daddy! I tried to leave a comment the other day but didnt know how, LOL. I was going to comment on how she is still beautiful even with the blue marker and plaster.

 
At 26/2/06 2:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would just like to day that Chrstie is the most BEAUTIFUL bald child ever!!!! I have followed her for MONTHS now and hope that things continue to improve if even in the slightest. It's also so cool so know that I share a Birthday with such a wonderful human being! What a blessing you have!!!

 
At 26/2/06 9:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hope you had a safe trip and that a room was ready for you at the RMH. Praying that this round pushes the beast even further back, and that you are feeling as well as possible. Christi, we are all praying for you.

love,
Ronit

 
At 26/2/06 9:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hope you had a safe trip and that a room was ready for you at the RMH. Praying that this round pushes the beast even further back, and that you are feeling as well as possible. Christi, we are all praying for you.

love,
Ronit

 
At 26/2/06 9:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you Jesus for all you have done for this little Christi and her family . I will keep praying for all of you . I believe there will be a marvelous miracle happen in this family . Hang in there Christi we will continue to uplift you in prayer .

Counts Family

UpperSandusky , Ohio

 
At 26/2/06 10:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope you had a safe trip to CHOP! Thinking and praying for you guys!
Megan in NC

 
At 27/2/06 11:21 AM, Blogger A Good Kinda Crazy said...

Just wanted you to know that I'm praying for you... when you get a chance, I would love it if you give me a "summary" of what's going on in Christi's life right now... I just don't have the time to read everything (as we're organizing a prayer chain for Emily's surgery). I would love to do a post on Christi, however, and would appreciate it if you could fill me in on the essentials and we could go from there. I will also add her to my prayer list on my blog.

In Him,
Amy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home