Support For Christi Thomas

This blog is to help offer support to the Thomas Family and their daughter, Christi, in her battle against cancer. Please visit Christi's website at www.ChristiThomas.com to learn more. There, you'll find journals, photos and a lots of other information about this amazing child and her family.

A Note About Comments: When you post a Comment, please note that it will appear online after it is approved.

Saturday, March 04, 2006

Bon Voyage!

With Elizabeth steering (whew!) our beautiful Explorer friends set sail yesterday afternoon as Christi was in the midst of her chemo infusion. We were happy when they called last night to let us know they safely reached the Island and were back tending to the goats. We will forever be indebted to them for showering us with love, support and giggles!

Christi, a big girl now, received two units of blood late yesterday afternoon. She said, “I wonder who donated this blood for me.” We’ll never know, but we did lift them up in prayer. The blood really perked her up. She told me how much better she felt and I realized she had no intentions of slowing down and going to bed when we got back to Ronald so she worked on some drawing projects while I took a nap. (I do feel better because one day this week Jenn said, “I didn’t do anything, but sit around all day and I’m exhausted.” Whew! I know it sounds crazy, but the hospital scene does make for a grueling day.)

In the midst of Thursday night’s hustle and bustle, I called Southwest Airlines to cancel our flights back home. Thankfully, we had changeable tickets so there was no charge to change our two tickets home into one roundtrip ticket for Shayne!!! Yes, Daddy is here through Monday night! That was just the pick-me-up I needed! (And without a doubt, it is always harder for the parent at home!) Christi and I joked with the nurses, “Who knows what our clothes will look like next week with Daddy bringing the rest of our stuff,” but he did fine! (The only thing I asked for that he didn’t bring was Shayla!)

Last night the phone call came in that Shayne was here at the Ronald house, much to my surprise. (My thrifty husband was going to take the train to the University and then do the 20 minute huff to the Ronald House even though I warned him it was only 34 degrees and very windy and taking the train is never fast.) Apparently, Shayne met a "Philadelphia" lawyer on the flight who offered to drive him. (When the kind man called his wife Shayne said, “Don’t tell her you picked up a hitchhiker. Wives don’t like that sort of thing.”) Indeed there are Angels doing God’s work on earth!

Christi was sooooooooooo happy to see her wonderful Daddy. We played “Clue Jr.” and when I went to sleep they had just started the “Trivial Pursuit Jr.” game on the floor of our room. Today Daddy will give her “the shot” which is scheduled to arrive before noon by UPS. She's very anxious about it asking if it will hurt more because it's one instead of many and asking what will happen if it doesn't work. "Not every medicine works on every body," she has reminded me. I've assured her, "It's going to work."

PRAYER REQUEST:
We pray that the shot arrives, and that she doesn’t get a fever with this round of chemo.

9 Comments:

At 4/3/06 8:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Everyone. Big prayers for the shot that its as painless as possible. I'm so happy to hear that Christie is perky and playful. Prayers for you all, especially for good family time this weekend, and prayers for Shayla as she's still at home. What a rollercoaster you are on. You're amazing.

 
At 4/3/06 9:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Thomas Family,
So glad to hear Christi is feeling fine and that her Daddy is there for the weekend! Hope you are able to have lots of fun!
With love and special prayers,
an NB Mom

 
At 4/3/06 10:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

of course, continuing to pray for christi, the thomas team, and all the thomas team loved ones and support system!

 
At 4/3/06 10:51 AM, Blogger HeatherB said...

YIPEE for Daddy!! :) I'm glad that he was able come and be with both of you for the weekend. How wonderful. I'm glad he got a ride to the Ronald House so he didn't have to walk.

I'm praying that her shot today goes smoothly and that she avoids a fever.

So glad the blood perked you up sweet Christi- you are delightful and the bravest gal I know. I love you honey!!

With Love, prayers and continued HOPE in God and for Christi,

Heather

 
At 4/3/06 11:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hoping you have a great weekend with Dad Christi :-) We're all praying for no fever and that the shot does it's job (and not hurt)I am so glad you're feeling s well as you are!

love,
Ronit

 
At 4/3/06 1:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello! I would like to offer a ride back to the airport on Monday night for Shayne. Please contact me at billnkass@comcast.net if you are interested. I have been following Christi's story through Matthew Passarella's website. I grew up in Philadelphia but am now just over the bridge in NJ. I hope to hear from you!

Kathleen Edwards

 
At 4/3/06 3:10 PM, Blogger John Burkholder said...

I pray it will work.

 
At 4/3/06 4:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi , Sounds like everyone is doing fine . We will continue to uplift Christi in our prayers and also pray the shot comes and also free her from a fever .


UpperSandusky, Ohio

 
At 5/3/06 12:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Daddy's can make everything good and right again. Now with that shot out of the way, have a blessed weekend.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home