Support For Christi Thomas

This blog is to help offer support to the Thomas Family and their daughter, Christi, in her battle against cancer. Please visit Christi's website at www.ChristiThomas.com to learn more. There, you'll find journals, photos and a lots of other information about this amazing child and her family.

A Note About Comments: When you post a Comment, please note that it will appear online after it is approved.

Monday, March 20, 2006

Precious Days at Home

We spent the weekend enjoying one another’s company and in sadness over Mason’s death. Shayne is going to be able to attend his calling hours after he drops Christi & I off at the Columbus airport tomorrow night.

Saturday morning, the girls found a hamster, which we thought was just sleeping Friday night, to be dead. The other one appears to be fine. Shayla quietly cried with huge tears at many points throughout the weekend. She wrapped it up and decorated its burial box. We prayed together and Shayne and I read some books about pets’ deaths to help Shayla cope.

Our beautician, Cindy, trimmed the bangs in Christi’s hat with hair and it really looks cute and very realistic now. (During church she kept taking it off and putting it back on I’m certain much to the shock of some sitting behind her.) So funny!

I was happy to be at work today while Grandma Nee Nee (Shayne’s awesome mom) tended to the girls. (It was "Teacher in-service day" much to Christi’s disappointment; she wanted to go to school.)

Christi continues to feel VERY well and we continue to be filled with gratitude. We don't ever take a painfree day for granted! We know this upcoming round of chemo is going to hit her extremely hard and she soon won’t be feeling well at all. We’ll fully enjoy these last precious days being together at home.

PHOTO CAPTION: Christi and beautiful Buckeye (Buttercup and Buckeye are getting along "ok", but not great. We're hearing far fewer "hisses" than last time we were home.)

3 Comments:

At 21/3/06 12:00 AM, Blogger Candy said...

Aww...poor Shayla:( I'm so sorry to hear about her hamster. I'll be sure to send some cheer mail her way very soon.

I'll be thinking about all of you tomorrow as Shayne pays respect to your dear friends and as Angela and Christi travel back to Philly. May God continue to hold your beautiful family in the palm of His hand.

 
At 21/3/06 6:23 AM, Blogger HeatherB said...

I'm so glad you were all able to enjoy precious time at home with Christi feeling so well and happy. What a wonderful blessing.

Shayla- I'm so sorry to hear about your Hamster sweetheart. I'm sending along some hugs for you.

Praying for a safe trip and continued response to this chemo.

Lots of love and tons of prayers,
Heather

 
At 21/3/06 4:14 PM, Blogger thonmom06 said...

Hi Christi! Happy Tuesday! I have to tell you...my instant thought when seeing that picture of Buckeye...was "hey, I thought I was the new kid on the block"! : )

Shayla and Christi, I am so sorry about the hamster. When Michele and Meghan were little we experienced the demise of quite a few of our little critters...we actually had a little pet cemetary at our other home...and if it happened in the middle of the night, well there we were with lanterns and flashlights having a little prayer service. Our neighbors must have thought we were really crazy...but when a pet touches your heart and lives...well you do what you have to do. They are all God's creatures and should be respected as such.

Victor is away on a business trip, so guess what? Two of my girlfriends that I worked with years ago at Sacred Heart Hospital came to visit...and we had a sleep over party! Never too old for that, right? : ) Oh we had sooo much fun catching up on everything!
We also had a nice dinner and went shopping before coming back to feast on ice cream and snacks! Oh, I thought for sure I would wake up with a belly ache this morning! : ) But....I did okay. Overslept - never heard the alarm! Victor always has to wake me - I never hear a thing...so I made it to work in just the nick of time! But forgot to go wake Helene up - she goes into her work later. ooops! I remembered at about 11AM and called her at work....she said "I just got here!" AHHH!!!....but she was teashing! Maureen had off today so she actually stayed to hang out with our mutt Inky and took her for a nice walk. Special friends...I know you have them too Christi...you may not see each other for months, and yet, when you get together it's like you don't skip a beat!

I hope you have a good night dear.
Storming heaven for this round of treatment to be easy on you. God bless. love, sylvia xoxoxo

 

Post a Comment

<< Home