Support For Christi Thomas

This blog is to help offer support to the Thomas Family and their daughter, Christi, in her battle against cancer. Please visit Christi's website at www.ChristiThomas.com to learn more. There, you'll find journals, photos and a lots of other information about this amazing child and her family.

A Note About Comments: When you post a Comment, please note that it will appear online after it is approved.

Thursday, April 20, 2006

Fun in the City

The girls scrapbooked for a few hours during Christi's chemo infusions today. I didn't realize it, but Tina shared with me that they started that scrapbook three years ago. It's awesome! Tina and I had a good time today confusing the nurses by doing absolutely nothing. (Aparantely Shayla's not the only one who thinks we look like twins! Maybe tomorrow we'll wear matching outfits, hee hee.)

The wonderful Nurse Practitioner- Pat Brophy knows we have at least a ten hour drive home tomorrow and therefore she had the bright idea of drawing Christi's type and cross today and ordering her red blood cells for tomorrow, just in case. (She feels that Christi will need a blood transfusion and by doing all of this today she should save us at least two hours of wait time tomorrow. THANK YOU, dear Pat!!)

Tomorrow they shall draw her counts first thing and then if she has a hgb. of nine or less they'll send down for her blood. This way her transfusion should drip right after her chemo is finished and then we'll be heading off for the drive back west to the Buckeye state in the afternoon.

Pat also went over plans for our return, but I'll think about coming back later......right now I just want to get home!!! I was giving Shayla her spelling test over the phone tonight. Her teacher told me she does much better in school when I'm at home so leaving her Tuesday was very hard. Also, three of my sweet students left class and came back a minute later to give me hugs and to tell me that they hoped I'd be back soon, very touching. I can't believe I'm homesick already, but I am! If all goes as planned, we'll all three be in school all together all of next week. Nothing sounds better than that!!


We enjoyed the Franklin Institute (science center) this afternoon and then we splurged and went on the "Ride the Ducks" tour- a comical land tour past historical attractions followed by a lovely twenty minute sail on the Delaware River. I loved it! The girls are still happily blowing their "quackers" and Tina and I are still wondering where they get their energy.

2 Comments:

At 20/4/06 9:18 PM, Blogger John Burkholder said...

I love the duck tours. They are so informative.

 
At 21/4/06 4:53 AM, Blogger thonmom06 said...

Hi girls! Happy Friday!....yeah!!! You get to go home!!! I just love reading about your adventures. And yes Angela, you and Tina could be twins! Christi, my Michele would love your flip flop t-shirt.
Her room is sort of like a beach get-away and she handpainted flip flops going up ther wall. I'll have to send you a picture of them.

Be assured of our prayers for safe travel today. Enjoy your time back at home. Sending lot of love and hugs your way. xoxoxo Sylvia

 

Post a Comment

<< Home