Support For Christi Thomas

This blog is to help offer support to the Thomas Family and their daughter, Christi, in her battle against cancer. Please visit Christi's website at www.ChristiThomas.com to learn more. There, you'll find journals, photos and a lots of other information about this amazing child and her family.

A Note About Comments: When you post a Comment, please note that it will appear online after it is approved.

Thursday, April 27, 2006

Holding Our Breath

What a difference a day makes. Shayla vomitted three times during the night and I'm so thankful Grandma Nee Nee spent the night with us on the couch because she stayed with Shayla so I could go to work - where 22% of our students were out with the same symptoms today. (One of my classes had just six students in it!) My mind kept thinking that Shayla would overcome it, but that it could overcome Christi down in her classroom.

Christi just doesn't look like she did one short day ago. She says she's feeling fine and she enjoyed her full day at school, but she doesn't look right. The "chemo eyes" have appeared upon our eight year old princess. I think the nadir is hitting (or has hit). Tomorrow her blood counts will be checked at 6:45 AM. I have already walked our suitcases out to the van in case I need to book a quick plane ticket and get us to Philadelphia tomorrow; yet I hope that's not the case. Christi's looking forward to going to the park with her 4th grade class to plant a tree for Arbor Day.

I spoke at length with the great Nurse Practitioner Pat Brophy during my lunch break today. This woman is so amazing! I trust very few people regarding Christi's care and without a doubt Pat is one of the few. She's concerned that we're not planning to fly back in tomorrow. She told me our local doctor is no longer willing to sign for Christi's transfusions and there is a 50/50 chance she's going to need transfused again tomorrow. She also feels it very likely for Christi to get a fever in a matter of days. Pat also went over our scan and testing schedule for next Tuesday and Wednesday at CHOP. She agreed to mail the CT contrast to me since I'm not planning to be in Philly on Monday; however, all that could change by morning. (I know I'm crazy, but I'm still praying she'll bounce back on her own very soon.) As always, your prayers are appreciated! Thank you!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home