Support For Christi Thomas

This blog is to help offer support to the Thomas Family and their daughter, Christi, in her battle against cancer. Please visit Christi's website at www.ChristiThomas.com to learn more. There, you'll find journals, photos and a lots of other information about this amazing child and her family.

A Note About Comments: When you post a Comment, please note that it will appear online after it is approved.

Thursday, April 13, 2006

Holy Thursday

Our deepest Thomas team thanks to Jennifer, Michelle and the wonderful staff and students at St. Joseph's Catholic High School in Fremont. We had a very blessed day surrounded by their love and goodness. (And Shayla clearly stated that she wants to go to high school there.) Go, Streaks!

Christi's been complaining of leg and ankle pain again today. Pat Brophy, our Nurse Practitioner, called me from CHOP to inform me that Dr. Maris isn't back yet but we are at the top of the list for him to call. So hopefully by tomorrow morning we'll know what and where we'll be attempting treatment on Monday. (I'll convey our thoughts to him and see what he thinks.) Shayne has been working crazy hours, but the girls and I shared another lovely day- art, computer games, books, singing, dancing and a nap (Well, that was for mom only. No one else was game.)! We're all anxious for my sister and her family to arrive on Saturday.

The lighting is not the best, but I thought it was so cute that Christi was cuddling with "all" of her Siamese cats. Can you find the real one- Buckeye and not the slippers she loves?

2 Comments:

At 13/4/06 7:28 PM, Blogger Jennifer Lehmann said...

Michelle and I had soo much fun! Thank YOU for today. Everyone was so excited to finally see our little celebrity. Give those girls huge hugs for me! I bet they'll be tuckered out early tonight. Uhh...or maybe not! haha

And yes...go Streaks! (Mr. Gabel really loved her insisting that she'd love to come to St Joe!)

Love, Jennifer

 
At 13/4/06 7:50 PM, Blogger HeatherB said...

I'm glad to hear that you gals had a delightful day at St. Joesph's. Sounds like you had a great day together.

I'm soo sorry to hear that Christi is having leg and ankle pain. Darn this disease anyway!! UGH!! I shall pray hard tonight that it soon resolves itself through divine intervention.

I'll be praying for your call with Dr. Maris as well, for wisdom for him and for you and Shayne in deciding what is best for your precious princess Christi.

May the Lord be with you and Grant you peace!

I love you guys sooo much!!

A million hugs and kisses for you all.

All my love and tons and tons of prayers,
Heather

Have a Blessed Good Friday tomorrow.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home