Support For Christi Thomas

This blog is to help offer support to the Thomas Family and their daughter, Christi, in her battle against cancer. Please visit Christi's website at www.ChristiThomas.com to learn more. There, you'll find journals, photos and a lots of other information about this amazing child and her family.

A Note About Comments: When you post a Comment, please note that it will appear online after it is approved.

Saturday, April 08, 2006

She's BACK!



The sweetie isn't just back, she's back with her boundless energy, amazing wit, incredulous compassion and amazing faith! After the hell she's endured in recent weeks, I just can't believe she looks and feels this well! Praise God! I'm grateful to now have placed my own eyes upon her, cuddled with her, assisted with an art project and witnessed her playing so happily with Shayla the entire day. I fully expected to spend the day spoiling her; however, she was busy playing with the new “Art House” (It’s amazing!) and “American Girl” things with Shayla. She hasn't eaten yet today, but perhaps that's either because Shayne said she ate a quarter pounder at midnight or because she's been too busy playing all today to stop and eat.

Shayne and I spent the entire afternoon on the couch talking, reading and napping. (I can't believe he let Christi shave his head bald, but Christi thinks he looks great and said she'd do mine too.) I think Aunt Vaunie’s right as she told Shayne we "sugar coat" things on the website- all that Christi endures is absolutely horrendous, intense and downright grueling. I added up Christi’s medical record since January 9th 2006: 28 days of harsh treatments, 33 nights spent in the hospital, 15 life saving transfusions, 3 nights spent in the emergency room, countless tests, pokes, and hospital appointments yet one unstoppable spirit! She’s missed seventy one days of fourth grade this year, but she is hoping to be back on Monday. I think that will happen!

8 Comments:

At 8/4/06 8:27 PM, Blogger HeatherB said...

Oh what delight it brings to my heart to see Christi and Shayla playing together, Christi cuddling with her cats and hearing that she's feeling pretty well.

What an unstopable spirit indeed! This chick ROCKS! It's my honor and privilage to have met her and all of you through the website. As I say often I wish it was for a different reason (OF COURSE) but I'm forever grateful for the blessings you lovingly bestoe upon me.

I'm glad you and Shayne had some "down time" together as well.

I love you all so much. I hope and pray sweet Christi will get back to her friends and 4th grade on Monday!

With all my love, and tons of prayers,
Heather

 
At 8/4/06 11:02 PM, Blogger Frapper said...

I'm so glad you're all home together and enjoying each other's company. I hope Christi's well enough to return to school this week. My prayers for her continue, and I hope you all enjoy the rest of the weekend.

 
At 9/4/06 8:58 AM, Blogger Lisa said...

Hey Guys. We know where you are and what you have been through and we are now on our way back there. These girls have gone through things most of us will never come close to understanding and they are doing it with a Strength most of it will never have. I thank God everyday just to be close to such greatness.

Our prayers are with you!

Mom of Eden. www.edenadams.com

 
At 9/4/06 8:36 PM, Blogger Just Me said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 10/4/06 1:42 AM, Blogger Frapper said...

What a sweet picture of the girls, and of Christi with her two kitties! I hope her appetite picks up a bit, and that she can indeed go to school tomorrow. My prayers for her, and your family, continue.

 
At 10/4/06 7:58 PM, Blogger Brigid and Celie said...

WELCOME HOME, CHRISTI! We're so glad that you and your daddy and Aunt V are home sweet home! We hope you're feeling really well this week, Christi!

XOXOXO
Brigid and Celie

 
At 11/4/06 9:29 AM, Blogger thonmom06 said...

Happy Tuesday Thomas Team! Hope the sun is shining on all of you in the Buckeye State! Sending lots of Penn State hugs your way. : ) love, sylvia xoxo

 
At 11/4/06 1:14 PM, Blogger nikki the red said...

prayers and prayers with thanks for her energy and smile!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home