Support For Christi Thomas

This blog is to help offer support to the Thomas Family and their daughter, Christi, in her battle against cancer. Please visit Christi's website at www.ChristiThomas.com to learn more. There, you'll find journals, photos and a lots of other information about this amazing child and her family.

A Note About Comments: When you post a Comment, please note that it will appear online after it is approved.

Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Fever

UGH!!!!!! I don't know if I should scream or cry!! Maybe I'll do both soon! She's got a fever! I'm posting asking for divine intervention that the fever breaks and we're back to the Ronald Hose this afternoon after she finishes this blood transfusion.

Christi was up so late last night literally chasing her sister and other kids and sweet Volunteers around the Ronald McDonald House's incredible new playroom. She was feeling incredibly well, even though her counts told me she shouldn't be. At bedtime, Christi asked to have me tape record and analyze her reading since she is one of the "students" I'm doing an indepth case study on for my current OSU class and I wasn't able to since we were separated last week. She read passage after passage for me and answered all of the comprehension questions, even at the high school level- totally amazing me with her high grade level of reading accuracy and c omprehension. She was up reading her own "Hank the Cowdog" book until at least 11:00 PM so I wasn't surprised when I woke her up and she was still sleeping or that she was so cold because I knew she needed blood. What did surprise me is that she asked to ride in her stroller instead of walking and she was freezing in the very warm temps outside and she's been curled up asleep at the hospital the entire time we've been here. After Dr. Maris examined her and I told him that we intended to fly back to Ohio on Friday, as her ballet and jazz recital was coming up very soon - she spiked a fever. @X&*!X$*&!! Prayers appreciated.

3 Comments:

At 31/5/06 10:46 AM, Blogger HeatherB said...

Prayers and more prayers coming your way!! Come on now fever BREAK!!

I love you guys dearly!!

And Christi you are amazing with your precious little mind with your great reading skills!!

Love and prayers,
Heather

 
At 31/5/06 11:10 AM, Blogger Jennifer Lehmann said...

I'm praying so hard for that fever to go down in time for her to dance in her recital. I know how important those things are.

Plus, fever free allows her to have a lot more fun!!

Praying hard Thomas Team, praying hard.

Love, Jennifer

 
At 31/5/06 3:03 PM, Blogger thonmom06 said...

Oh Angela, I'm screaming and crying with you....this just doesn't seem fair, does it? Okay...I'm putting that energy instead into getting on my knees as soon as I finish this post and will storm heaven and get the prayer chain to join me. Sending a comforting hug your way.

love, sylvia xoxoxo

 

Post a Comment

<< Home