Support For Christi Thomas

This blog is to help offer support to the Thomas Family and their daughter, Christi, in her battle against cancer. Please visit Christi's website at www.ChristiThomas.com to learn more. There, you'll find journals, photos and a lots of other information about this amazing child and her family.

A Note About Comments: When you post a Comment, please note that it will appear online after it is approved.

Saturday, March 17, 2007

Christi Thomas Memorial Blood Drive


"Little Clara Barton" gives her acceptance speech and cracks everyone up with a joke at the Red Cross's Awards Banquet. (September 2004, age 7)

From Community Hospice's Newsletter: Christi Thomas has touched so many lives through her long battle and her short life. To honor her memory, we are hosting a Christi Thomas Bloodmobile on Monday, March 19th from 1-6PM. Please call 447-4040 to make an appointment.

From a sweet friend in NYC is going to MSKCC, where Christi treated for nearly a year, to donate:
"I am actually excited about donating blood on Monday. It's the least I can do. I am scheduled to be there at 8:30am, so if all goes to plan, they'll be drawing blood from me at 9am. I'll probably be a little late to work, but it doesn't matter. Christi always taught us the true meaning of life and on the 6 month anniversary of her debut into eternal life, it really is fitting to do something for *life* here on earth."
Helping Grandma Nonee donate blood.
With the Bloodmobile
Modeling an outfit Mika sent from Japan (Sept. 2005)
Despite needing many blood transfusions, a year ago Christi was feeling well. Shayne flew in and we enjoyed a nice weekend together exploring a city we fell in love with - Philadelphia. Here we are goofing around at a great park downtown. The past few days have been very hard; I really miss that little sweetpea!

HAPPY St. PAT's DAY! This morning will find our very own Irish Shayne "McVicker" (hee hee) running a 5K race in Dublin (Ohio). Go, Shayne!! Our little Irish Shayla said that Daddy should wear his Irish kilt. He agreed! Don't worry, I'll get a picture if I can!!

TOP OF THE MORNING TO YOU!
We fondly remember being together last year in Philadelphia for St. Patrick's Day, as we tried to push the girls' strollers around massive bar crowds of college students at noon!! And we also treasure March 17th of 2003 when we were in NYC. Christi was to being harvesting her stem cells down in the blood donor area at MSKCC the very next day - stem cells which proved to save and extend her life on two separate occasions (Jan. 2004 & May 2006). We thank our dear Lord that she was able to give such a fruitful harvest which gave us more time with her. We miss you, little Christi McVicker! (McVicker is a little family joke which started in college. Actually, Shayne had a grandmother with the last name of McVicker and since everyone wants to be Irish on St. Patrick's day we use that name for fun!)

Today we are also remembering with love two fallen warriors who entered His holy kingdom on the same day - March 17th 2004: Robyn & Cierra. Our precious daughters played while in treatment together and I give myself comfort by telling myself that they are playing together again in a place free from needles, pain and heartbreak!

In front of the Plaza Hotel in NYC, Shayla and Shayne "McVicker" watch the St. Patrick's Day

5 Comments:

At 17/3/07 2:37 PM, Blogger Brigid and Celie said...

Happy Saint Paddy's Week, Thomas Team! May it be filled with many Blessings and lots of Hope!


XOXOXO
Brigid and Celie

 
At 17/3/07 11:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy St Patrick's Day Angela, Shayne, Shayla & angel Christi! I'm sure the CT Memorial Blood Drive will be a great success! I know Christi will be there to hold the hands of the people who are scared, just in a different way this time around. There's an Alex's Lemonade Stand event down here that i'm hopefully planning on donating to on monday. I've donated online but i'd love to attend an event. Stay Strong!

 
At 18/3/07 6:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been following Christi's blog for almost a year now and her memory still remains an inspiration to me every day.

Just wanted to let you know that I am donating blood on Tuesday, March 20th in Nashville and keeping your family in mind on the six month, one day anniversary of Christi gaining her angel wings.

Thank you so much for opening your family's life to all of your loyal readers.

 
At 18/3/07 7:36 PM, Blogger HeatherB said...

Sending you all my prayers and all my love.

Thinking of you always!

I love you!!

Lots of love and prayers,
Heather

 
At 18/3/07 9:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thomas Family,

You don't know me and I honestly can't even remember how I initally found your blog or first learned about your beautiful daughter Christi. I live in California and, at the age of 30, I have never been to the Philadelphia area until today. I'm in the area on business and today we went to see the Liberty Bell and Independence Hall and we happened to drive past Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (CHOP). I've read about about this special place many times in your blog and I got this warm feeling when I saw it. I wasn't expecting it as I don't know my way around this town at all. I just felt compelled to write you a message today and let you know that your daughter has touched so many lives, including mine, and she will never be forgotten...even by people who never had a chance to meet her. I can tell from your stories and pictures that she was an extraordinary little girl and you are truly lucky to have had her...even if it was for too short of a time.

Thinking of you!
Kelly (from California)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home