Support For Christi Thomas

This blog is to help offer support to the Thomas Family and their daughter, Christi, in her battle against cancer. Please visit Christi's website at www.ChristiThomas.com to learn more. There, you'll find journals, photos and a lots of other information about this amazing child and her family.

A Note About Comments: When you post a Comment, please note that it will appear online after it is approved.

Thursday, March 15, 2007

"I Will Never Forget" written by Shayla

HELLO!(meeting at the hospital) Christi kisses Shayla on her "birth"day! (Feb. 12, 1999)
GOODBYE! (saying goodbye at the hospital) This is the final photo on the last day the girls were ever together here on earth. (September 10, 2006)

One night Shayla asked me if I was going to write a book about our time with Christi. I told her that I had a dissertation to write first and that I felt like I had already written "our story" through my years of journaling and blogging. The next morning Shayla said, "If you're not going to write a story, I am. Can I get some paper, please?" Here is what Shayla wrote:


"I Will Never Forget"
by Shayla Thomas, Christi's Sister


Dedicated to my cat Buttercup who lost her owner, Christi



Hi! I am Shayla Thomas, age 8. My sis died when I was 7 1/2 in 2006. My sis had a cat and a kitten, but now they are mine. When she died, I felt bad and sad. I will never forget her. I know she is in Heaven and having fun.

She was my best friend. We played a lot. We played horses, Pokemon and Cat Monopoly. In the spring, we picked flowers. In the summer, we ran and road bikes and drank lemonade. In the fall, we jumped in leaf piles. In the winter, we made snowmen.

Christi did Alex's Lemonade Stands. They raised money for cancer research for kids. Christi and I took horse bake riding lessons. It was fun. She was best friends with Kaylyn and Theresa. She liked to make friendship bracelets.


Christi holds her little sister, Shayla (1999) CT 2 1/2
Forever Sisters (Summer 2000) Ready to go to the pool!

Enjoying a snack while waiting to see "Winnie the Pooh" at the Ritz Theatre (Winter 2000) Shayla 1, CT 2 3/4
November 2001 (CT 4, Shayla 2)
Helping Daddy plant the garden (CT 4, Shay Shay 2)
With Ariel, Disneyland California (July 2001)
Being silly in the kitchen and modeling their matching shirts - CT, 8 Shayla 6 1/2

15 Comments:

At 15/3/07 2:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a beautiful piece of writing Shayla!!! You're the best little sister one could ever imagine!!!
I'm sure Christi's looking down on you from Heaven all the time and she is very very proud of you!!!


Lots of Love!

Oliwia =^..^=

 
At 15/3/07 5:47 AM, Blogger HeatherB said...

Sweet and Precious Shayla,

Your story about Christi was so well written. Thank you for writing it, I really enjoyed reading what you remember about your sister Christi. I'm sure she is very proud of you!

You are amazing!

With love and prayers for you sweetheart,
Heather

 
At 15/3/07 6:23 AM, Blogger Brigid and Celie said...

Please hug and hold sweet Shayla for us. She is so special! Love and Hope,


XOXOXO
Brigid and Celie

 
At 15/3/07 6:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shayla you are a great writer! Thank you for sharing you story.God Bless,Jennifer

 
At 15/3/07 6:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What Shayla wrote is so sweet and heartfelt. I teared up just reading it. I hope your whole family is doing well and enjoying the warm weather. I know Christi watches over all of you everday.

Sarah
DE

 
At 15/3/07 12:12 PM, Blogger Frapper said...

What a loving and sweet tribute Shayla wrote for her sister! You have certainly been blessed with two so very special daughters. I'm sure that Shayla never will forget Christi and the special sisterly bond they had.

 
At 15/3/07 3:16 PM, Blogger Nikking said...

Shayla, your Christi "story" is beautiful! I imagine that your story made Christi smile! Since you are Christi's sister and best friend, I don't think anyone can tell a story about Christi the way you can.

I am sure that Buttercup and Buckeye miss Christi terribly! But, they are very lucky to have you taking care of them now. And, I bet Christi is very happy knowing you are taking care of them!

 
At 15/3/07 3:38 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

That broke my heart to read how Shayla must miss her sister.

Thank you for sharing that.

It reminds us all not to waste a single minute we have with the ones we love!

 
At 15/3/07 9:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shayla - what an outstanding memory tribute to Christi! I am a second grade teacher who has few, if any, children who could have written such a fantastic biography. Your love for your sis comes shining through every sentence. How proud I am of your writing talent!

Angela and Shayne - you have two capable, intelligent little girls.
If only a few of my students' parents would show their offspring as much love and attention as you two have shown yours.

 
At 15/3/07 9:28 PM, Blogger Kait said...

Shayla,

What a beautiful story! Christi was so lucky to have a little sister like you to love her while she was here on Earth with us, and to continue to love her while she is in Heaven. Remember, she will always be your big sister and that you can carry her with you in your heart where ever life may lead you.

Lots of love!

 
At 15/3/07 9:36 PM, Blogger melissamaren said...

this is precious - what a great sister!

 
At 15/3/07 10:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Such beautiful pictures to go with Shayla's precious story! I have two older sisters and I can't imagine the pain Shayla feels without her best friend physically with her. The bond they share will last forever and as the shirt I sent Shayla says "My Big Sister is My Guardian Angel!" and she will forever be with Shayla. None of us will ever forget the amazing Christine Shayna Thomas! Stay Strong!

 
At 16/3/07 2:49 PM, Blogger Kim said...

Big huge hugs to all of you! A special big hug to Shayla! That is a wonderful story, honey!!!

 
At 16/3/07 9:22 PM, Blogger Melinda Auld said...

Shayla, that is a lovely story about Christi. I'm so sorry you have lost your best friend. I'm sure Christi is reading your story from heaven and remembering all the wonderful times she had with you, and sending you big hugs and kisses.

 
At 19/3/07 4:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Angela and Shayne
Shayla's writing about Christi is so well done, it seems so well thought out, touching, so precious. I'm sure you will always treasure it.
Take care,
Love Angela

 

Post a Comment

<< Home