Support For Christi Thomas

This blog is to help offer support to the Thomas Family and their daughter, Christi, in her battle against cancer. Please visit Christi's website at www.ChristiThomas.com to learn more. There, you'll find journals, photos and a lots of other information about this amazing child and her family.

A Note About Comments: When you post a Comment, please note that it will appear online after it is approved.

Friday, March 09, 2007

A Poem in Honor of Christi

Dashing Through the Stacks! Five months before diagnosis, when the "off and on" back pain started, Christi attended a wonderful Easter Party at the Seneca East Public Library and had a lovely time. (Age 4 1/2 - April 2002)

In loving memory of Christi Thomas

By Katie Lonsbury
Christi Thomas, born May 12, 1997
God sent an angel, straight from Heaven.
Each battle she fought, for a small child, so strong.
Through it all, the ballerina smiled so bright, till the end of the song.
Sadly, the last battle, she lost the fight.
She is safe with God, for friends and family I pray before I sleep at night.
Forever she will stay, in mind and many others’ hearts.
With God, Christi can have painless life, a new start.


My dad bought this darling little Jeep for Cousin Ashley and it's made its way down through all of his grandkids kids! (Summer 2001: Christi 4, Shayla 2) The girls were "crusing" around our backyard. Note the tent: Until the Bowermans took us camping, the girls thought they really were camping when we'd staying in the tent out in the backyard! Great times! Great memories!

2 Comments:

At 9/3/07 11:51 AM, Blogger Nikking said...

You have the most beautiful pictures of Christi and Shayla! I look forward to viewing this blog everyday, not just because I enjoy reading it! But, I also can't wait to see what pictures you will post next.

Christi really has affected the hearts of thousands...let that be no surprise to you. I had never met her, but her story pulls at my heart everytime I think of it.

You and your entire family are in my thoughts.

 
At 9/3/07 8:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a beautiful and precious poem written about the amazing Christi. She'll certainly forever be in the hearts of many, many people around the world as her legacy lives on. *Stay Strong!*

Christi looks adorable running down the isle at the library. She's such a cute little book worm! I always wanted one of those barbie/jeep cars when I was younger but never had one of my own. They look so fun! The girls look so happy and cute riding together. What i'm adding at the bottom to end my comment is one of my absolute favorite Christi quotes.

"When I close my eyes and open my heart, I feel that God is near."-Christi Thomas

 

Post a Comment

<< Home