Support For Christi Thomas

This blog is to help offer support to the Thomas Family and their daughter, Christi, in her battle against cancer. Please visit Christi's website at www.ChristiThomas.com to learn more. There, you'll find journals, photos and a lots of other information about this amazing child and her family.

A Note About Comments: When you post a Comment, please note that it will appear online after it is approved.

Saturday, March 10, 2007

Weekend in Tennessee

DOWN ON GRANDPA'S FARM! We headed south Friday evening so we could get to Shayne's father who had heart surgery earlier in the week in a Nashville hospital. We stopped by the cemetery first to say a prayer "with" Christi before heading to Tennessee. At sunset during our drive to Nashville, there was a beautiful cross (from the jet streams of airplanes). I continue to find comfort in little things like that. I'm pleased and grateful to report that Shayne's father is now home and is feelng much better! As you can tel from the pictures, Shayla really enjoyed exploring on Grandpa's neighbor's farmland. We will continue to pray that Grandpa enjoys a full and complete healing and that he's able to make it up to Ohio for Shayla's first Holy Communion in April - she's really excited about that!

Shayla & Angela take a break from the long hike. (The neighbor's pasture reminded me of Central Park and the many joyous days we took the girls there to play.)
With Grandpa, playing a great board game "Herd Your Horses" which Christi received for her 9th birthday
Our last visit down to stay with Grandpa (October 2004).
Picture: Baby Christi with Grandpa, 1998

8 Comments:

At 12/3/07 5:03 PM, Blogger Frapper said...

It sounds as though you all had a lovely weekend--I hope too that Shayla's grandpa can come to her First Communion. It's so nice to see the grass, even though it's only in a picture, as we still have tons of snow here in Manitoba. My prayers for your family continue, and I love to see all of the family pictures that you share.

 
At 12/3/07 5:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Angela and Shayne,
I still look in on you hoping to find you ok and having some good times together with Shayla. Sorry I don't sign much anymore, but I am still here. I guess there is not much to say now, except that I'm still thinking of you and praying, praying for you to be happy and at peace. Very often something will remind me of Christi at any time of day, it often happens, I don't think I will ever forget this brave little girl who I never met, only by chance got to know grace of this site. I'm glad I got to know her, (though I wish this had not happened) it changed my life, I think differently about things now.

What an adorable picture of Christi in her highchair playing with the oatmeal with daddy, what a gorgeous smile! Bet that would have made a good face mask!

Thinking of you and Christi at this time, the anniversary of her birth.
Take care,
Love Angela

 
At 12/3/07 5:38 PM, Blogger HeatherB said...

I'm so glad to hear that Shayne's Dad is doing okay after his heart surgery. I will keep him in my prayers for a full and complete healing.

Great pictures of Shayla on the farm! She gets prettier and prettier all the time.

Love you! Think of you oh so often.

With Love and Prayers,
Heather

 
At 12/3/07 8:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good Lord, Gal - you make me tired:) Nashville is beautiful at this time of the year. Glad to hear your visit went well.

Signs like the cross in the sky are comforting, aren't they?

Somehow I don't think you will ever realize how many people your writing affects! You have caused me to take stock of many aspects of my life. Please continue your writings...

Thank you!

 
At 12/3/07 9:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It looks & sounds like you guys had a nice time! The farm area looks beautiful. I'm so glad to hear that grandpa is doing well and I hope he makes it to Shayla's first holy communion. Baby Christi & Grandpa is too cute! I love the expression on Christ's face. *Stay Strong!*

I wanted to share this article with you. I found it on a site for a 13 year old boy who has been battling NB for 7 years. Citrus may be killing/stopping Neuroblastoma cell growth. The boy's father said that his son has been on a big orange juice kick the past 18 months and hasn't progressed in a long time so who knows! I'm hoping this leads us a step in the right direction towards the much needed cure!

http://agnews.tamu.edu/dailynews/stories/BICH/Nov3004a.htm

 
At 12/3/07 9:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the "Central Park" like photo and the walking sticks too!

 
At 13/3/07 12:53 PM, Blogger Amy said...

Oh how I love days on the farm! I'm glad Grandpa is doing well. Love those photos!

 
At 14/3/07 6:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Thomas Team =) I'm glad that you have spent a nice weekend =) I'm thinking of you all the time!


PS: Christi's Baby pictures are just the sweetest ever! Such a gorgeous Baby Girl =)I don't know If I have mentined that before, but I was born the same day as Christi :) the 12th of May 1987 :)))) Of course I'm older, but this year I'm gonna celebrate a double birthday for sure, mine and Christi's :)))


1000 Hugs&Kisses form Poland!

Oliwia

 

Post a Comment

<< Home