Support For Christi Thomas

This blog is to help offer support to the Thomas Family and their daughter, Christi, in her battle against cancer. Please visit Christi's website at www.ChristiThomas.com to learn more. There, you'll find journals, photos and a lots of other information about this amazing child and her family.

A Note About Comments: When you post a Comment, please note that it will appear online after it is approved.

Monday, April 09, 2007

Easter Update

Saturday night Shayne carried a sleeping Shayla to bed. Then we sat at the kitchen table and said we didn't know how we'd ever get through Easter without Christi. As you can see, the bunny found Shayla and we made it through. I wish I would have been up to getting together with our relatives, but we knew that would be just too hard without Christi. We had a quiet day at home and Grandma Nee Nee stopped by last night.
The neighbors kindly invited Shayla over to partcipate in their Easter egg hunt. She loved it!
Easter Morning, April 2003 (Christi age 5, Shayla 4)
On a glorious Easter break, home from NYC. Christi at the Easter egg hunt at Grandma Nonee & Paw Paw Joe's (April 2003)

If you're interested, remember to register for Christi's Tea Party - a fundrasier for her Memorial Fund to be held on what would have been her 10th birthday, May 12th. THANKS!!

6 Comments:

At 9/4/07 7:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Angela

I've just stopped by your site to see if you are ok. I can't imagine the pain of yet another 'first', in this case first Easter, without your Precious Christi.

My regular checks of your site remind me to be truly grateful for my two cherubs. My daughter has very special needs and at times life can be utterly exhausting, frustrating and very worrying with the uncertainty of her future development. But I remind myself to 'be like Angela' and to Praise God (often), to rejoice in each day with my cherubs and to smile - no matter what!

Thank you for making me a better Mum for knowing of you, thank you for sharing the journey of your family with all of us out there (in my case on the other side of the world in Australia) and thank you for constantly reminding me of my Blessings.

 
At 9/4/07 7:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Angela

I've just stopped by your site to see if you are ok. I can't imagine the pain of yet another 'first', in this case first Easter, without your Precious Christi.

My regular checks of your site remind me to be truly grateful for my two cherubs. My daughter has very special needs and at times life can be utterly exhausting, frustrating and very worrying with the uncertainty of her future development. But I remind myself to 'be like Angela' and to Praise God (often), to rejoice in each day with my cherubs and to smile - no matter what!

Thank you for making me a better Mum for knowing of you, thank you for sharing the journey of your family with all of us out there (in my case on the other side of the world in Australia) and thank you for constantly reminding me of my Blessings.

 
At 9/4/07 7:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Angela and Shayne,
Wow, Shayla is becoming more and more beautiful, that is a lovely pic of her with the basket in her hands, she's a lot like her sis.
Sorry you didn't feel up to being with family, your entry made me feel very sad, thinking of Christi, how nice that you saw the birds, I hope that it is Christi sending you signs! Great that grandma came round to bring you cheer.
We were with my husband's sister and her husband on Easter Sunday, the first time we had seen him since he finished chemo and radiation for cancer of the bladder. We have been very worried about him lately, but his recent examinations are clear so ok for the moment!
Take care,
lots of love
Angela

 
At 9/4/07 9:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

None of these pictures are showing :( Yet the pictures from yesterdays blog entry still show, weird!

I'm glad to hear that Shayla had a nice time and had a visit from the Easter bunny! I'm also glad that you were able to get through Easter sunday without Christi although I know it was extremely hard. It'll continue to be hard but I know your little amazing angel will help you through each step you take in your journey without her physically here.

Have you heard any updates on how things are going with Christi's cell line? Far too many amazing fighters are still losing their lives and I can't wait for the day that Christi helps lead to the much needed cure! *Stay Strong!*

 
At 11/4/07 3:49 PM, Blogger Spring B. said...

Love you all so much and thinking of and praying for you every single day.

 
At 14/4/07 6:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

these pictures are not showing. hope your family have an enjoyable communiun process

 

Post a Comment

<< Home