Support For Christi Thomas

This blog is to help offer support to the Thomas Family and their daughter, Christi, in her battle against cancer. Please visit Christi's website at www.ChristiThomas.com to learn more. There, you'll find journals, photos and a lots of other information about this amazing child and her family.

A Note About Comments: When you post a Comment, please note that it will appear online after it is approved.

Sunday, April 08, 2007

He is Risen!

Falling snow this Easter morning reminded me of 2004, when Christi was invited to the White House for the Egg Roll and it included freezing rain! (Picture: Shayla, age 5)

Yesterday we were blessed with friendship and invited to attend a charming Easter party at our friends' home. I can't even explain what a nice time we had with such lovely people. The ten precious girls competed in many organized contests which produced great giggling. Thank you, sweet friends!

Shayla continues to be our rock. While coloring Easter eggs last night, I had many challenging moments. Every time I left the kitchen, she'd come and find me - hug and kiss me and invite me back to help. We do miss Christi terribly every single day, but somehow holidays - with all of the traditions, are the hardest I think.

(April 2006: Shelby & Christi color eggs)

Thankfully, Grandma Donna and Barry arrived last night bringing us joy! It had been a tough afternoon and we had just settled in to watch a DVD "Akeelha and the Bee" (an awesome family movie!) we borrowed from the library when the doorbell rang. Their visit was great medicine!

This morning I was surprised to look out and see two unique birds, never noticed them before. I like to think my dad and my daughter were playing silly tricks on us (sending two birds to represent them) on this blessed day - unique birds, sitting on the railing in the snow. What a hoot! Well, Miss Shayla will be up soon and will want to know if the Easter Bunny left anything in her basket so I should go. I'll update later! Here's wishing you and yours a glorious and blessed Easter! Rejoice! He is Risen!

3 Comments:

At 8/4/07 12:58 PM, Blogger Sheila Ferrell said...

Dearest Thomas Family,
I sat in church today thinking of the great gift of our Lord and Savior and of your precious little one, Christi. It was at the moment that Christ joined our Heavenly Father that we were given eternal life. This amazing life is the one that your angel Christi is living in our Father's arms. I give thanks to God for his son, your daughter and for the reunion that one day He will bestow on you. It is a promise that was made to us over 2000 years ago and I hope it brings you a little comfort in knowing that Christi is not gone but waiting at home for your glorious arrival. I can only imagine the decorating that little artist has in store for you.
Bless you today and always..
Your Sister in Christ

 
At 8/4/07 4:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Angela & Shayne,
Happy Easter. I'm so sorry this is another hurdle, another difficult day to pass for you. How nice that your mother came by, Shayla looks happy in the picture. She sounds so thoughtful, kind and sweet, going to comfort you when she knows you are sad.
Take care, both of you,
Love Angela

 
At 9/4/07 11:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Easter Thomas Team! Shayla is growing up so fast! She looks beautiful. Stay Strong!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home