Support For Christi Thomas

This blog is to help offer support to the Thomas Family and their daughter, Christi, in her battle against cancer. Please visit Christi's website at www.ChristiThomas.com to learn more. There, you'll find journals, photos and a lots of other information about this amazing child and her family.

A Note About Comments: When you post a Comment, please note that it will appear online after it is approved.

Saturday, April 14, 2007

Someone's Very Excited

Last night's first communion retreat for the children and their families was from 5 - 9:45 last night. Personally, I found it very emotional and had to spend more than a few minutes getting myself together in the restroom here and there, but Shayla had a great time! Although tomorrow I know she'll be nervous, she is all ready! Today she'll be meeting up with her cousins and I hope she's able to sleep tonight. May God bless you all! Thanks for checking in!
Shayla, age 8 (2007)
Christi, age 6 1/2 (2004)

7 Comments:

At 14/4/07 8:23 AM, Blogger Olivia said...

I am so glad to hear you had a nice time on the retreat, Shayla! I hope you have a wonderful time today with your cousins!

As always, you are in my thoughts and prayers. There is no doubt that Christi is celebrating this very special moment with all of you. I can only imagine how difficult these past months have been for all of you. I am thinking of you all an sending you much love.

Hugs,
Olivia

 
At 14/4/07 10:19 AM, Blogger Nikking said...

God Bless You, Shayla! I will be thinking of you and your family!

 
At 14/4/07 10:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shayla you look just gorgeous!!!! Like a Real Princess :)


I'm croosing my fingers for you tomorrow!!!!


Always in my thoughts and prayers!!!

Oliwia

 
At 14/4/07 12:09 PM, Blogger Frapper said...

It's sweet to hear that Shayla's so excited about making her First Communion. It's such a special milestone in the life of a young girl; I'm glad she'll have so much family to support her and share the memories of the day with her.

 
At 14/4/07 8:29 PM, Blogger Jennifer (Kids Cancer Crusade) said...

Shayla, you look gorgeous in your first communion dress! I LOVE it!

 
At 15/4/07 12:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I absolutely love those two pictures, too sweet and adorable. I'm so glad to hear that Shayla is so excited although I'm sorry that it was so hard for you. I bet Shayla had a great night with her cousins and is hopefully getting her beauty sleep for her big day tomorrow! Stay Strong!

 
At 1/5/07 10:57 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Dear Mrs. Thomas,
I have been following Christi's story for some time, she was such an amazing child, and the love that your whole family pours out is an inspiration to many.

The reason I am writing today is my son, Alex 8yrs, has come to me with a desire to do something to help find a cure for childhood cancer, he would like to donate all of the $ he has saved for video games ect. To be honest with you I have no idea on where to go, to find out information on how to do this. If you wouldn't mind e-mailing me, if you have time, I would greatly appreciate it!

Thanks so very much,

Betty
swy52f05@allstate.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home