Support For Christi Thomas

This blog is to help offer support to the Thomas Family and their daughter, Christi, in her battle against cancer. Please visit Christi's website at www.ChristiThomas.com to learn more. There, you'll find journals, photos and a lots of other information about this amazing child and her family.

A Note About Comments: When you post a Comment, please note that it will appear online after it is approved.

Monday, August 06, 2007

Not for the Faint of Heart

NEE NEE NEWS: Last night we brought Nee Nee back to our home from the Toledo Hospital. Shayne will start building a ramp this week so that it will be easier for us to get her in and out of the house for her appointments. In case I never mentioned what Joan did she was helping her friends clean a boat and she missed a step coming down from the ladder and crashed.

Please don't scroll down and see the (second) bottom picture of Nee Nee's leg if your stomach will not let you, or if you have nightmares. (I posted just the wrapped up one as a "buffer" to allow "bloggers" the chance to STOP if they don't want to see. For those of you interested in blood and gore (and who wonder what two cuts "wounds" Shayne was tending two every 12 hours) be brave and look on - ugh! Shayne continued to tell me that I'd be passed out on the floor if I ever took a look so this picture he snapped helped me understand what was going on.

4 Comments:

At 6/8/07 9:09 AM, Blogger Christy said...

I've been following your family's story for many months, but don't post often. I just wanted to let you know you all are such an inspiration to many people, such an awesome family! The video of your girls is precious! I hope you have many many blessing in your lives, you all deserve it!
Love, Christy Newman
www.caringbridge.org/visit/chloenewman

 
At 6/8/07 2:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness I hope Nee-Nee's wounds are doing better and her leg is feeling better as well. OUCH!

 
At 6/8/07 4:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Angela and Shayne,
It's hard to believe how the time flies by and it is almost September again already. I still check in with you, sorry I don't write often, I think of you and pray for your peace of mind. You will get through this next hurdle, you know you will. Christie will be there helping you and Shayla and Shayne through.
I love the Glamour pics, I bet one of those will be published! How brave Shayne is nursing Nee Nee with those awful wounds, good for him!
take care,
Love Angela

 
At 7/8/07 1:59 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Oh my goodness! Why can't it be closed up? i am totally a into the gore but the poor woman. Whatever the reason, I hope the hurt isn't as bad as the look of it. As always, you are in my prayers.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home