Support For Christi Thomas

This blog is to help offer support to the Thomas Family and their daughter, Christi, in her battle against cancer. Please visit Christi's website at www.ChristiThomas.com to learn more. There, you'll find journals, photos and a lots of other information about this amazing child and her family.

A Note About Comments: When you post a Comment, please note that it will appear online after it is approved.

Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Great Guesses; THANK YOU

Cabelas, Henry Ford & the Auto Show!

PHOTO: Baby Christi (five months, October 1997. In her little "baby saucer" we borrowed from my sister).

Brilliant Bloggers! THANK YOU for guessing!!! Even though Shayla didn't know that Detroit was in Michigan (she does now - thanks to you) Christi's bloggers nailed it! Yes! Shayla loved reading the responses she received even though she inquired, "Michigan??? I thought I was in Detroit. Oh.......is Detroit in Michigan? It was so close?"

We went to the International Auto Show in Detroit. (We were planning to go long before "Bambi" jumped out and smashed my van! It will be fixed up soon!) We also explored Henry Ford Museum in Dearborn. Some even guessed "Cabela's" (which is like a zoo with dead animals, kind of eerie really but Shayla LOVES it there at their hunting and fishing store). THANK YOU!!

Shayne decided we must really be old because now we are in a museum! ("The 80s" time period was featured at Henry Ford and we had the best time checking out all of our "old" stuff.) We hope to go back this summer so that we can explore "Greenfield Village" together. Shayla is really enjoying history and is learning so many exciting things.


Humor from Shayne:
I overheard Shayne saying that out of nine girls at ballet, none of their parents knew how to sew the elastic and ribbons on their daughter's new pointe shoes. Of course my sweet mother "Grandma Nonee" took care of Shayla's before she left for Florida because Shayla's mother would not have a clue (smile). Now I've come to learn that Shayne led the other moms think HE sewed Shayla's shoes. Shayne said, "Shayla ratted me out eventually." What a riot!

4 Comments:

At 23/1/08 8:38 AM, Blogger Olivia said...

Shayne is absolutely hillarious!!!

I am so glad to hear that you had a nice trip. I loooove history and those trips are always so much fun!

Have you ever been to Williamsburg, VA, Shayla? With the Felicity doll it seems like a must.

I hope you're having a great day.

Hugs,
Olivia

 
At 23/1/08 6:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know this probally wasnt your intention but i was a bit put off.. as a wife of an avid hunter(and huntress myself) for food not sport, cabellas is so much more than a "zoo with dead animals' those are by the way trophies that someone sat in the possible freezing cold for hours to obtain, like i said we hunt for food not sport but for those that hunt for sport or trophies those are more than just stuffed dead animals, those animal required alot of time, patience, money, knowlege and yes skill to get....cabellas is not "eerrie", expensive? ,yes,!!(smile) but it a place that sells alot of supplies not just for hunting but for camping, fishing, hiking and and all around outdoorsmanship stuff.... as a lover of all these things, please dont knock our "zoo with dead animals"....if we were allowed a higher limit to hunt then "bambi" wouldnt jump in front of so many cars... your a wonderful family and are in our prayers often.. good job angela being one of 11...

 
At 23/1/08 9:57 PM, Blogger Kimberly said...

Angela-
That husband of yours is too funny! I needed a good chuckle.


Shayla-
You look like a superstar-ice skating-princeess in that blue outfit. I always wanted to learn to figure skate. Even though I am not a little girl anymore, I would love to learn. My husband teases me everytime figure skating comes on the t.v. and he says, "honey, don't you want to learn how to fingerpaint?" Pretty mean huh? I enjoy your pictures of you learning to skate. I am sure you have so much fun doing it and are a complete natural. Keep up the good work!

- Kimberly

 
At 25/1/08 11:46 PM, Blogger Danielle said...

Who needs numerals when you can sew?!?!

He coulda' made blue and sparkley:)

teehee!

i hope you guys are doing well. ive been so busy (this photog thing is taking off for me!) and sadly its not leaving much credit to my already lacking communication efforts/skills.

whens shayla's last lesson? hopefully she'll have one where its not so darn frigid! id love to make it to one.

((hugs))

dani

 

Post a Comment

<< Home