Support For Christi Thomas

This blog is to help offer support to the Thomas Family and their daughter, Christi, in her battle against cancer. Please visit Christi's website at www.ChristiThomas.com to learn more. There, you'll find journals, photos and a lots of other information about this amazing child and her family.

A Note About Comments: When you post a Comment, please note that it will appear online after it is approved.

Sunday, January 20, 2008

Where Is Shayla?

After studying Friday and Saturday morning, we took off Saturday and we were incredibly blessed with another wonderful weekend spent together as a family. After many challenges, I "think" I have the PhotoBucket Slideshow Shayla and I worked for hours on ready to share here. Hopefully, you can "click" on the RED FONT and see the weekend pictures, read the captions she wrote and let us know your guess. She learned a lot about history, thought about the future and wished some animals were alive! If clicking on red doesn't work, try to paste this into your browser. http://s250.photobucket.com/albums/gg242/zzartset/Auto%20Weekend/?action=view¤t=431a8914.pbw
Unfortunately, we do not have photos to share of the wonderful family who fed us and put us up for the night! (However, I do have this photo of Chris's amazing sewing talents by creating a little matching outfit for Shayla's AG doll!!) It was wonderful to spend some time with one of Christi's "Chemo Angels" who spoiled her for so many years. (I think Shayla was very surprised that a mother of only boys actually had American Girl dolls of her very own!) I'll never forget my amazement at seeing beautiful Chris's face at the funeral home because she lives hours away. Despite the ending we wish we could rewrite, Christi's journey deeply enriched our lives by allowing us to meet the most amazing people and our lives will never be the same!

10 Comments:

At 20/1/08 7:22 PM, Blogger Danielle said...

were you in DETROIT at the auto show?!?!

i made a new blogger account, im so excited to be baaaaaaack!

shayla looks so pretty in her blue and sparkly!

 
At 20/1/08 8:10 PM, Blogger HeatherB said...

Umm I'll guess in Michigan at the Gerald Ford Muesum and then the car show?

Shayla looks beautiful with her AG Doll! :)

I'm glad you were able to have a good weekend away.

Love you all so much!

Love and Prayers,
Heather

 
At 20/1/08 10:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Shayla----I AM STUMPED!!! The best I could do would be Michigan - Detroit maybe?? I was making up a story to tell my grandsons a few weeks ago and I included the weiner mobile. They had never heard of it and both burst out laughing - "WHAT is a weiner mobile?? A car for a really wimpy driver??" We had to get up out of bed and go to the computer to look up a picture because they were sure I was making that up, so when they come tomorrow on their school holiday, I'll show them your pictures.

Your skating outfit is beautiful, and how wonderful your AG doll has a matching one too.

Glad you guys had a fun weekend. Always thinking of you and keeping you in my prayers,
Love Holly

 
At 21/1/08 12:04 AM, Blogger Bonnie said...

I am SO totally jealous that Shayla got to see the Weinermobile up close and personal. I saw it when I was traveling down I-75 near Lima once but it was going north and I was going south. Maybe it was on it's way to the auto show in Detroit!! That seems to be the way to go car shopping. We went looking for a new car today but had to do our looking outside in 10 degree temperatures! Brrrr...looks like you had way more fun!

 
At 21/1/08 8:02 AM, Blogger Carly said...

Hmmm, could that possibly be the car/auto show in Detroit? I'm probably way off beam but that's the only thing I can think of that involves cars!

 
At 21/1/08 8:34 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

i think you're in my neck of the woods at the detroit auto show....deb

 
At 21/1/08 2:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Michigan! It looks like you had fun at the Detroit auto show, then went to the Henry Ford Museum in Dearborn. You sure did choose a cold weekend to come and visit us here in our frigid 'mitten'.

P.S. Love the photo in front of the Wienermobile.

 
At 21/1/08 4:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is Shayla in Dearborn, Michigan ?

 
At 21/1/08 7:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmm...looks like Shayla saw lots of "cars" over the weekend, so I'm going to guess the Motor City: Detroit! Looks like a fun weekend for the Thomas Team, wherever you were!

 
At 21/1/08 7:44 PM, Blogger IS Teacher said...

Ah-the wonderful Ford Museum in Dearborn, Michigan! I would recognize those vehicles (especially the Weinermobile!!!!!) anywhere. We were just there in August-and crossed the border to Canada for dinner one night. What fun!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home