Support For Christi Thomas

This blog is to help offer support to the Thomas Family and their daughter, Christi, in her battle against cancer. Please visit Christi's website at www.ChristiThomas.com to learn more. There, you'll find journals, photos and a lots of other information about this amazing child and her family.

A Note About Comments: When you post a Comment, please note that it will appear online after it is approved.

Friday, August 22, 2008

I don't know how Rock Stars party, but we went to Cedar Point for the day! It was a magnificent day spent holding hands and reminiscing about the summer. With most schools back in session, the lines were very short for the two of us. She loved the ice skating show so much that after we watched the 2PM show she asked if we could go back at four and watch it a second time, so we did. When we again sat in the front row seats, some of the "ice skating girls" (as she called them) recognized her and would give her little waves and winks - oh she loved that! We also did something we'd not done before while at Cedar Point, we took off our shoes and walked around the CP Beach. It was lovely. Our evening ended at Nonee and Paw Paw's where Shayla spent the night (and all of today) while I was back at school. I can say my classroom and my lesson plans and materials are ready. Emotionally, I am not there; I hope I can be! This weekend I'll try to quit forgetting about what we were doing two years ago and try to just enjoy Shayne's dad who is in Ohio this weekend! Oh, "traditions" are hard without Christi!

(The girls with Shayne's Dad after school. August 2006. I remember telling Lowell that night I didn't think Christi was doing well and that it was not a good thing. She started getting really tired and saying her head hurt that first week of fifth grade.)
Thank you so much everyone for your kind prayers and words! It's weird I found the actual announcement "Congratulations" to be anti climatic - after I thought about it many times and just knew I'd break down and cry if I made it, and then when I didn't - it was weird. Here's wishing you and yours a grand weekend! (Rumor has it a collection has been going on since Wednesday evening and there is going to be a "paper burning party" in our backyard....something about ditching a few hundred articles I don't think I'll ever need again - and if I do they are all now on-line anyway! Additionally, since I had to list EVERY reserach article and book I read since starting my program in an annotated bibliography form, I think I'll be able to quickly bring up what I need, if I ever do. I don't think I'll ever part with my books, but these stacks of paper need to go - except for the ones related to my dissertation topic of course. Let's just say the bonfire should be BIG! I can't wait!)
(PIC: Shay & Caroline at Open House)

2 Comments:

At 22/8/08 7:47 PM, Blogger Meg said...

I thought of you last night when I found out my son's AWESOME 5th grade teacher was from Ohio! She's young and full of energy and I hope she is half as an amazing teacher that you are!!!

Praying for you as "that time of year" rolls around. September is never fun for us. This year marks 8 years since my brother died. Crazy! Holding you close!
Megan in NC

 
At 23/8/08 4:29 PM, Blogger Olivia said...

Oh, Shayla, you look absolutely adorable in your Open House picture!! I used to do that side braid all of the time!

Loads of love to you all,
Olivia

 

Post a Comment

<< Home