Support For Christi Thomas

This blog is to help offer support to the Thomas Family and their daughter, Christi, in her battle against cancer. Please visit Christi's website at www.ChristiThomas.com to learn more. There, you'll find journals, photos and a lots of other information about this amazing child and her family.

A Note About Comments: When you post a Comment, please note that it will appear online after it is approved.

Friday, October 31, 2008

Trick or Treat Night

My Favorite Photo! (Check out that "orb"!) This is the only picture where orbs showed up. Ironically, Shayne wanted Shayla to see his childhood home (where he lived from 3rd through 12th grade). When I downloaded the photos I was quite pleasantly surprised to see this.
Shayla had a grand time with her daddy. I really enjoyed it too!
Fun at "Grandma" Donna's! Thanks, everyone!
Even the back of Christi's "Locks of Love" wig was/is gorgeous! Shayla had a ball wearing it. At school today, many didn't recognize her. She loved that! I know Christi would have loved that too - perhaps she laughed all day in Heaven. I'd like to think that was the case!

The annual "Trick of Treat Night" with "Grandma" Donna.


Now for the "Oldie, but Goodies":

How I wish we could have made our traditional final stop at Caroline and Doug's house (Pic: 2000). Ironically, only two in this photo are still alive as Christi and Doug died nearly a year apart. We are so lucky to have Caroline as one of Shayla's 4th grade teachers this year. As you can tell from the photo, Shayla is in great hands!

Katie, little Donna, Christi, Theresa & Shayla - ready to head out. Oct. 2005
Christi Trick or Treating, how we miss that gal!
Kaylyn will never know how she warms my heart every day in the two classes she's in that I teach. It's almost like she's sizing me up, making certain I'm doing ok, instead of the other way around. She has the most caring heart a child could ever have. I'm so blessed!

Shay, Theresa and Christi Trick or Treat on the campus of Heidelberg College - Christi's final trick or treating.

5 Comments:

At 31/10/08 11:56 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

I love Shayla's costume! She looks very pretty! Looks like she had an amazing time!

 
At 1/11/08 4:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Thomas Team,

Thank you for still update this blog or dairy for us. You don't know how much it means to me and how much Christi taught me even I never met her. Seening this old godies pictures warms my heart too.

Where I live we don't celebrate Halloween we have something in February which is very much like Halloween. AnywayShayla I want to say you look great and Shayne too. I am glad that you had such a good evening.

 
At 1/11/08 5:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very glamorous! Both Shayne and Shayla! Costumes look brilliant and she looks like she is having a fantastic time. Any chance of a cowgirl shot? (bearing in mind that it is practically Shayla's usual "look" :-p)

Irene

 
At 1/11/08 8:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the bags with shayla and christi's names on !! Shayla and shayne look fantastic , christi's wig is very cool x Angela I loved the pictures of the girls loads ! what wonderful friends christi had/has , so lovely to see x lots of love and HAPPY HALLOWEEN ! - Amber xxx

 
At 1/11/08 10:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wonder if the other orb (in the first picture) is your dad, Angela?
Great photos! Fun costumes! Looks like a good time was had by all!
One question though -- where are YOU in YOUR costume?!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home