Support For Christi Thomas

This blog is to help offer support to the Thomas Family and their daughter, Christi, in her battle against cancer. Please visit Christi's website at www.ChristiThomas.com to learn more. There, you'll find journals, photos and a lots of other information about this amazing child and her family.

A Note About Comments: When you post a Comment, please note that it will appear online after it is approved.

Monday, January 19, 2009

As we are preparing for the 2009 Christi Thomas Scholarship Season, we were quite touched to receive a letter this weekend from a former Fremont St. Joe student and Christi Thomas scholarship winner regarding his first semester at college. Here is some of what he wrote:

As the holiday season comes to an end, I'm thinking about how my last semester went and how the next one is going to go. I know part of the reason I was able to turn the last three months into a success is because of the Christi Thomas scholarship, not just financially but emotionally and spiritually too! I want to thank you for making this special scholarship available and for believing in me. It was such an honor to receive this award. ............ I want you to know that what you have done for me is truly making a difference. Thanks again! Keep me in your prayers and I'll keep you in mine.

Another great picture! I'm so blessed to have found this! It brings back great memories! This picture reminds me of how the girls would love when Shayne would read to them and tuck them into bed. (Except for some gray hair, not much has changed! Shayla still manages to be read to first by me AND THEN by Shayne nearly every night.)


If any of my 7th or 8th grade students happen to be checking up on me, as you sometimes tell me you do via this blog, you'll be happy to know that Mr. W. and I graded the semester exams you took on Thursday. Unfortunately, I'm not able to get Progress Book to allow me to log on right now so they are not uploaded, but I'll continue to try. I hope you enjoyed your extra long weekend break and that you used your time wisely to prepare for the reminder of your exams. (OK, "tests" as some of you want us to call them so that you're not scared. Smile.) This is your time to shine! I'm certain, if you properly prepared, you will not be disappointed with your scores. Best Wishes on your remaining exams!

2 Comments:

At 19/1/09 6:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So beautiful!! Christi was/still is extremly cute x i am so glad that you found these amazing photographs as they are so precious xxx to be honest it wouldnt suprise me if it was christi who led you to find them :) angela keep scrapbooking, i really wish i had time to scrapbook but there just arent enough hours in the day for me to do this! Maybe 1 day i will ! Shayla your scrapbook looks stunning so far - im certain that christi would love it too x lots of love amber xxx p.s: the pics of christi before diagnosis are always my favs as none of you ever look like you have a care in the world -which is really how it should have stayed , god must have had different plans ! Afterall who wouldnt want christi sitting beside them in heaven every day ??!! Xxx

 
At 23/1/09 10:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

A poem for you:

If before you were born, I could have gone to Heaven and saw all the beautiful souls, I still would have chosen you..

If God had told me "this soul will one day need extra care and needs," I still would have chosen you...

If He had told me "that one day this soul may make my heart bleed", I still would have chosen you...

If He had told me "this soul would make me question the depth of my faith", I still would have chosen you...

If He had told me " this soul would make tears flow from my eyes that would overflow a river", I still would have chosen you...

If He had told me "Our time spent together here on earth could be short," I still would have chosen you..

If He had told me " his soul may one day make me witness overbearing suffering," I still would have chosen you...

If He had told me, "all that I know to be normal would drastically change," I still would have chosen you...

Of course, even though I would have chosen you, I know it was God who chose me for you...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home