Support For Christi Thomas

This blog is to help offer support to the Thomas Family and their daughter, Christi, in her battle against cancer. Please visit Christi's website at www.ChristiThomas.com to learn more. There, you'll find journals, photos and a lots of other information about this amazing child and her family.

A Note About Comments: When you post a Comment, please note that it will appear online after it is approved.

Sunday, January 04, 2009

Luck

Although I think it can play a small role on occasion, I do not believe in luck. As a mother and as a teacher, I try to instead stress good work ethic and making wise choices. I’ve had many discussions with my middle school students about the need to make intelligent choices they will not come to regret and to work hard, yet I’m always amazed at how some will try to convince me that it’s all “luck”. I rarely say or write “good luck” instead substituting “best wishes”. Well, when Shayla said, “We were sure lucky on this trip,” I could not disagree.

First, we were upgraded from the small car I reserved to a convertible, then when we switched to our second hotel, we didn’t get a regular room without a balcony as scheduled, we were generously upgraded into a very large two room suite with a balcony large enough for ten! Finally, yesterday at the airport, our flight home was oversold in coach so they needed to upgrade six passengers to first class. When I told her, Shayla looked at me and said, “I’d like first class.” That was about all it took and we all were incredibly grateful for the spacious seating and fine dining! When the flight attended picked up my finished steak dinner she asked, “Turtle cheesecake?” I stared at her and she inquired, “What’s wrong?” I responded, “I just can’t believe my good fortune; that’s my favorite dessert,” and she laughed.

Shayla and I later talked and said perhaps it was luck, or perhaps Christi played a role in giving us these “special treaties” on our amazing vacation. Regardless, we were filled with gratitude and loved the luxurious spoiling that was truly good luck.

9 Comments:

At 4/1/09 4:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Shayla, look at you! What a meal fit for a Queen!!! Steak?? Turtle Cheesecake?? Oh my! We were all loving living this vacation through your blog and photos and now THIS? Yes, I DEFINITELY enjoyed this trip along with The Thomas Team!!! :)

Hoping Grandma NeeNee is doing better each day!

 
At 4/1/09 6:04 PM, Blogger IS Teacher said...

Shayla-your dinner looked fabulous, right down to the Pepperidge Farm Milano cookies!!!

Kim Adams

 
At 4/1/09 8:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What nice surprises- Christi certainly was taking care of you! I'm glad you had a few bonuses to make your awesome trip that much better. :)

Have a great week!

Michelle Stokes
nghs_teach@yahoo.com
Wylie, TX

 
At 4/1/09 9:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Angela, you're not lucky. you're BLESSED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)


a special angel is watching over you!

 
At 6/1/09 12:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good things happen to Good People!!! Awesome trip...awesome "upgrades", you deserve every one of them....and I think Christi definately had a hand in it making your trip extra special! Thinking of you always!
Amy Brown
Gleason WI

 
At 6/1/09 6:04 PM, Blogger Olivia said...

Getting bumped to first class is the best!! Definitely a Christi gift to you.

Many hugs!
Olivia

 
At 7/1/09 3:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Angela - I think you should have/adopt another child!

 
At 9/1/09 2:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope that the week has been good

 
At 11/1/09 4:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Angela

I don't believe for a moment that all your 'luck' was an accident. I think it was your beautiful Heavenly Angel guiding her beloved family into some treats they so richly deserved.

So very pleased to hear that you all had a wonderful holiday.

Thank you for continuing to share the adventures of the Thomas Team with all us in the 'Christi Army'.

We feel truly Blessed to have 'met' (alas only in cyberspace!) your family years ago now and we continue our prayers for you all.

Good night from Australia.

Michelle

 

Post a Comment

<< Home