Support For Christi Thomas

This blog is to help offer support to the Thomas Family and their daughter, Christi, in her battle against cancer. Please visit Christi's website at www.ChristiThomas.com to learn more. There, you'll find journals, photos and a lots of other information about this amazing child and her family.

A Note About Comments: When you post a Comment, please note that it will appear online after it is approved.

Friday, January 08, 2010

The Other Video Clip

I always love this story so I have to share it again: Shayne and I did not ski until we were in college. While on a day of skiing little kids were buzzing by us left and right. We said to each other, "If we ever get married and have kids, they are going to learn how to ski when they're little. This is embarrassing!" Shayne first took Shayla skiing in Mansfield when she was six years old in the winter of 2006. I was in the hospital in Philly with Christi. Shayla has been skiing every year since, this makes it her fifth season to ski. We are happy she has a skill she'll be able to use for a long time. Two years ago I decided my body didn't get back up like it used to, I didn't like the cold and it was too expensive for something that didn't make my heart sing. Now I'm happy to sit and read in a lodge (or this lovely, cozy condo) while they ski.

1 Comments:

At 8/1/10 2:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shayla, that was "AWESOME"!!:)
Enjoy the rest of your ski trip, Thomas Team!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home