Support For Christi Thomas

This blog is to help offer support to the Thomas Family and their daughter, Christi, in her battle against cancer. Please visit Christi's website at www.ChristiThomas.com to learn more. There, you'll find journals, photos and a lots of other information about this amazing child and her family.

A Note About Comments: When you post a Comment, please note that it will appear online after it is approved.

Monday, March 22, 2010

"Accepted as Submitted"

"Accepted as Submitted" - Wow! I absolutely could NOT believe those sweet words this morning. "Accepted as Submitted" - Unbelievable! At my first annual review meeting on Friday with the Director of the School of Teaching and Learning at BGSU and with my mentor, the findings regarding my teaching (50% of my job responsibilities) and service (20% of my job responsibilities) were outstanding based on upon two separate investigations one by eight of my colleagues, the other by the Director of the School. However, I only received "on target" regarding Scholarship (the other 30% of my job responsibilities). I was praised for having two manuscripts "under review"; however, I was reminded that if I do not have six publications in peer reviewed scholarly journals within my first three years at BGSU, I will not be given a second three year contract. In my defense, I shared with them that I had another submission.

Imagine my surprise and delight, early this morning, to find out from the editor herself - I'M IN! I immediately called Shayne and Olivia to share my glorious news and I think, quite frankly, I surprised my boss and my mentor this morning with the amazing news! They were so happy for me! Praise be to the Lord!

My article will be published in the October or February edition of "Middle Ground". "Middle Ground" is National Middle School Association's practitioners' magazine. It provides a voice and a resource for those committed to the educational and developmental needs of young adolescents. The magazine's readership includes over 32,000 across the United States and internationally. It is published in August, October, February, and April.

Thank you, dear Lord!

6 Comments:

At 22/3/10 5:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Angela!! That's so awesome!

If it were me having to have six publications out in three years, I'd run away screaming, I think!! That sounds really intimidating.

Can it be the same article six times over, or does it have to be six different articles?

 
At 22/3/10 6:46 PM, Blogger Erin said...

Congratulations! Terrific news!!

 
At 23/3/10 3:53 AM, Blogger Amy K said...

Congratulations Angela! That's fantastic news!

 
At 23/3/10 7:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is awesome news Angela! CONGRATULATIONS on your continued SUCCESS! I am amazed at all you accomplish and wish you well, always.

 
At 24/3/10 7:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, congratulations Angela! That is fabulous! (And I never really realized how serious "publish or perish" is-- that is crazy, 6 in 3 years! But I know you'll do it!)

Kara

 
At 24/3/10 7:42 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Congrats, Angela! I went to the website to see if I could obtain a copy of the publication, but it's only for members. Can you suggest any resources for parents of middle school children? My daughter is headed off to 6th grade next year and I'm nervous. 5th grade showed me that I really need to stay on top of her so she keep her priorities straight and makes the most of her education, but I'm a single mom and it's tough. I'm determined to break a cycle though, what reading material would you recommend?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home