Support For Christi Thomas

This blog is to help offer support to the Thomas Family and their daughter, Christi, in her battle against cancer. Please visit Christi's website at www.ChristiThomas.com to learn more. There, you'll find journals, photos and a lots of other information about this amazing child and her family.

A Note About Comments: When you post a Comment, please note that it will appear online after it is approved.

Saturday, October 23, 2010

Girls' Trip

At Wright Patterson Air Force Base outside of Dayton. Joking upon boarding President Kennedy's Air Force One - and then I got really sad. Reading/seeing where they cut into the inside of the plane because they didn't want President Kennedy's coffin to ride in the cargo hold, but in the back of the plane and seeing where Jackie sat beside the coffin on that long ride home from Texas and standing where the signing in of the new president actually took place was just so sad. (And we can totally relate to not wanting Christi's body to be flown back from Philly in a cargo hold too. I was so relieved when we learned our funeral director - who also served as Christi's Angel Flight pilot a few times, would fly to Philadelphia in his private plane and bring Christi back for us was such a comfort. I've had my luggage lost by the airlines before and I didn't want that to happen to precious Christi - ugh!)

Enjoying downtown Indy with my sister, mom and aunt - ahhhhh! A gorgeous weekend!


Finally getting a tour of campus with my sweet niece and Goddaughter! I'm soooooooooooo proud of her! Go, Boilermakers!

Our 450 square foot "Penthouse Suite" upgrade at our downtown hotel was really neat, all one bed and all!


I didn't realize Purdue has about 38,000 students. It was awesome! We got our personalized tour which included where my niece takes her classes, visits with friends, studies, sleeps, stayed last year, etc., etc.


We even took in the Homecoming Parade - and what an amazing sight to see a locomotive leading off the parade - Boiler Up!

Indy Motor Speedway - very intersting

We enjoyed our "Lap Around the Track"

4 Comments:

At 24/10/10 10:02 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

Looks like a fun weekend! Wow, Purdue has about 3x as many students as my school!

 
At 25/10/10 6:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How FUN! So glad you had this time with family. Other than one of my brothers, I do believe that you and your family are THE busiest people I know! I feel so lazy when I read your blog! LOL! :)

 
At 26/10/10 4:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wanted to let you know about another young girl, Megan, in case you haven't heard of her already. There are many similarities with Christie from reading her site and she may be gong to visit Dr. Maris soon! Very interesting what is happening with her and the gene they found - Christie might help save her life!

http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/meganprzekurat

 
At 28/10/10 3:02 PM, Blogger Sammie Ryan said...

Ah Angela it looks like you had a great time on your girls trip... im so glad you did !

Just wanted to say well done to Shayla for her wonderful account of a ride into history.

You always have such wonderful adventures as a family.

Love Sam (Ireland)x

 

Post a Comment

<< Home