Support For Christi Thomas

This blog is to help offer support to the Thomas Family and their daughter, Christi, in her battle against cancer. Please visit Christi's website at www.ChristiThomas.com to learn more. There, you'll find journals, photos and a lots of other information about this amazing child and her family.

A Note About Comments: When you post a Comment, please note that it will appear online after it is approved.

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

I thought I could put my finger right on it, but no luck! Shoot! After Shayne and I, the very next person to ever hold Christi was Pat Dean - Shayne's neighbor growing up. She was at the hospital that day for appointments, learned Christi was just born and came up with the cutest little white bonnet for her. I can picture her sitting in the chair in the corner holding our new little bundle of joy. I know I snapped their picture from my bed. Last night at the funeral home, her daughter told us they talked with Pat about getting to be with Christi in Heaven. Pat was ready to go Home. She wanted to be with her husband, Ed. What a sweet, sweet lady; she will be deeply missed. While I could not find that picture, I found two others to share: One of Christi's Baptism (June 1997, five weeks old) and the other of Aunt Marty holding her.


We got to overnight with Aunt Marty and Uncle Jeff Saturday night. We had a fantastic weekend: enjoying Shayla's school event Friday night, attending the Equine Affaire in Columbus on Saturday and Sunday along with the amazing Hariett (aka "Traci"), and visiting with Shayne's mom and uncle Sunday night - SWEET! Here's wishing you and yours a great week! Rest in peace, Pat! (And make sure Christi's not playing too many pranks and upsetting the Big Guy!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home