Support For Christi Thomas

This blog is to help offer support to the Thomas Family and their daughter, Christi, in her battle against cancer. Please visit Christi's website at www.ChristiThomas.com to learn more. There, you'll find journals, photos and a lots of other information about this amazing child and her family.

A Note About Comments: When you post a Comment, please note that it will appear online after it is approved.

Saturday, August 02, 2014

A Dream of Christi's - to go to Heidelberg University! (It just came true!)

I was incredibly touched recently to have the sweet secretary at the Education Department at Heidelberg University contact me and say they would like to include Christi in the mural going outside of the Early Childhood Classroom.  She asked me to come in and meet the artist, and what a talented, sweet and amazing woman Beth is!  I shared a bit about Christi and her connection to the Berg with her and I was so proud of myself for not crying (until I got to my car that is)!  Sherri Bowerman kindly shared photos of Christi with the artist and I headed out.  Much to my surprise and delight I'm blown away by this incredible mural!  The likeness of Christi is mind-boggling and I could not be more appreciative or pleased!  Thank you so much to Beth, Sherri and Heidelberg's Education Department for remembering our "little lemonade girl".  We'll see you soon!  THANKS!


5 Comments:

At 4/8/14 8:38 AM, Blogger Holly said...

Oh I do LOVE this! Christi at the Burg! It makes me cry. I will never forget her, and tons of new people will see her everyday! There is no telling what her sweet heart and amazing brain could have brought to this world! I love that she is immortalized in this way. She's an inspiration to all of us, and to all these new teachers just starting their journeys. I know she is smiling!

Love you guys,
Holly
Katy, Texas

 
At 4/8/14 6:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

thomas family,
How special is that to have included Christi in the mural. It does indeed look like her. Never comment on your posts but have read everyone............just enjoy seeing how your family enjoys life to the fullest. Shayla is certainly a well rounded girl!!

Nancy

 
At 7/8/14 11:07 AM, Blogger snekcip said...

OMG I LOVE THIS!!! Christi is definitely SMILING about this mural!! What a talented artist Beth is! Amazing talent!!

 
At 14/8/14 6:23 AM, Blogger Sammie Ryan said...

Oh Angela that mural of Christi is just beautiful.
I cannot believe that it is nearly eight years since Christi left.

Christi would love this mural.
Much love to you and your fmily.

Sam (Dublin Ireland)xxx

 
At 16/8/14 1:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Angela :)

I am just wondering if I could post one of your pictures of Christi on my Instagram page dedicated to childhood cancer? My email is deang@uni.edu
I'd love to hear from you.
Im from Australia and have been following this blog for many years.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home